Support for Filters in BO.RestoreCurrentDataTableSnapshot()

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Currently the BO.RestoreCurrentDataTableSnapshot() does not support any filter applied to the BO prior to the snapshot.

I am using a lot the BO.Filter feature and was bitten by this issue until I realized that the BO.filter was not taken into consideration when using the BO.SaveCurrentDataTableToSnapshot().

So due to the meaning of the world "SnapShot", I believe it would be very helpful to also respect the applied filter to the BO at the time of using BO.SaveCurrentDataTableToSnapshot() and when using the BO.RestoreCurrentDataTableSnapshot() that the filter be re-applied.

Thanks!

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I will have to test this as if it is an issue, then it is an issue with the ADO.NET DataTable.Clone(). If you look at the source, we simply clone the data table which also contains the view reference in the DefaultView property to which the filter is actually set. So if this is happening, then it is something that we will have to add additional logic since the root level clone is not handling it (though it should). So I will have to test this and see if it is actually in the cloned object.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...