WebBusinessBindingSource binding to RadGrid

Author
Govinda Berrio
StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
After installing the 1.6.7 update from 1.6.6 I'm now getting this exception when using WebBusinessBindingSource with a RadGrid
Govinda Berrio
Govinda Berrio
StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)
the exception:

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: This is a single-use enumerator and cannot be reset.

MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.Enumerator.MoveNext() +130

MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Web.Enumerator.MoveNext() +95

Telerik.Web.UI.AdvancedEnumerator.MoveNext() +40

Telerik.Web.UI.GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext() +95

Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataTableFromEnumerable.FillDataTableFromEnumerable(IQueryable enumerable) +176

Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataTableFromEnumerable.FillData35() +3871

Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataTableFromEnumerable.FillData() +626

Telerik.Web.UI.GridResolveEnumerable.Initialize() +32

Telerik.Web.UI.GridResolveEnumerable.EnsureInitialized() +20

Telerik.Web.UI.GridEnumerableFromDataView..ctor(GridTableView owner, IEnumerable enumerable, Boolean CaseSensitive, Boolean autoGenerateColumns, GridColumnCollection presentColumns, String[] additionalField, Boolean retrieveAllFields) +149

Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataSourceHelper.CreateGridEnumerable(GridTableView owner, IEnumerable enumerable, Boolean caseSensitive, Boolean autoGenerateColumns, GridColumnCollection presentColumns, String[] additionalField, Boolean retrieveAllFields) +129

Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataSourceHelper.GetResolvedDataSource(GridTableView owner, Object dataSource, String dataMember, Boolean caseSensitive, Boolean autoGenerateColumns, GridColumnCollection presentColumns, String[] additionalField, Boolean retrieveAllFields) +383

Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.get_ResolvedDataSource() +141

Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +46

Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean useDataSource) +491

System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) +57

System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) +114

System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +31

MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Web.WebBusinessBindingSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +8

System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +142

Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.PerformSelect() +4

System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +73

Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.DataBind() +239

System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82

Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.DataBind() +58

System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82

System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +22

Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompositeDataBoundControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +12

Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +28

System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +80

System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171

System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Well, first you should load the 1.7.0.1 build versus a beta build. After that, then we can see if you still receive any type of exception.
Govinda Berrio
Govinda Berrio
Trent,

I installed the latest and greatest 1.7.0.1. Still getting the same error above. Any ideas?

Thank You
Govinda Berrio
Govinda Berrio
Hi,

any word on this error. Should I try some other testing?

Thank You
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Sorry, I have not been around lately. Actually I am not included to go straight to the SF update did this. I do not have a Telerik license, but the very first thing that I would do in testing this is see if the error persists using a DataGridView. This is generally out litmus test to see if something else could be in the mix. It appears that the TeleRik grid is trying to reset the Enumerator, which is not allowed, but there could be something else in the mix before we go straight to "it is the Telerik grid." I do recall a while back having to take something special into account for the Telerik grid, but I cannot recall exactly what it was.

Let me know if this test works. if so, then we need to isolate a sample with the Telerik grid that you can send me and then I will have to download a trial from Telerik to test it.
Govinda Berrio
Govinda Berrio
Hi,

just thought I would show this result after dragging a WBBS from the toolbar to the design surface. This is a brand new project I'm creating to test the WBBS with the GridView. It looks like the wrong assembly versions are being referenced... I'm not sure. This is probabaly unrelated, just thought I would mention it here.

[See screen shot attached]
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Govinda Berrio (08/21/2009)
It looks like the wrong assembly versions are being referenced... I

Yeap, your project is referencing the old assemblies. Try deleting the references to the MicroFour assemblies and add them again. That should fix it, if not then try to locate all MicroFour assemblies and delete them, and re-install StrataFrame.

Edhy Rijo

Govinda Berrio
Govinda Berrio
I think what's happening is that the project template is inserting references to 1.6 in the web.config file.
Govinda Berrio
Govinda Berrio
Trent,

I was able to run that test that you described. The binding to a plain GridView DID work with Strataframe. I also included a page with the RadGrid in the same situation and got the same error. So I guess this means it's Telerik's RadGrid that's doing something SF doesn't like. Is the Strataframe team inclined to fix things like this?

If you want to run the project, let me know if you need me to send the database and telerik dll.

Thank You,

Govinda
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...