ThemedDetailWindow - ItemClick support

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I am working with the ThemedDetailWindow which display 10 items values and a customer suggested if he can click on each item to get a report with data related to the item clicked.

I know that is not supported yet but how acceptable would it be to add the following:

1.- ItemType: Link or Regular

2.- Support for ItemClick event so we can code a reaction.

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
This is good, but in the interim, just clear out the value side and put in a link label where the text would have gone and you can achieve this same effect. There are a lot of new things coming down the pike that we will tell the SF community about soon, but one thing that you will see a lot more of are embedded controls like this.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Great! thanks for the tip I will implement it.

Edhy Rijo

Edhy Rijo
E
Hi Trent,

I was trying your suggestion, but it did not work because I have the ThemedDetailWindows inside a TableLaoutPanel and then I can not drop any other object to cover the Themed Detail Window object.

See picture attached.

The idea is to have each value as Link so I can generate a report with the detail records of the clicked value. Any other idea if this can be done?

Edhy Rijo

Attachments
ThemedDetailWindow Sample.png (157 views, 18.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Could be, I never use a TableLayoutPanel. In short, this is something that will most likely be added in the future anyway, but the TableLayoutPanel will not respect the positioning as it will try and move the controls based on it's respective criteria.

If within a TableLayoutPanel then this may not work.
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Edhy,

You could always just make a user control that you then drop in the table layout control.
Edhy Rijo
E
Greg McGuffey (09/02/2009)
Edhy,

You could always just make a user control that you then drop in the table layout control.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the tip, that will be another adventure w00t I will try that in the weekend after releasing an update to the customer.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...