StrataFlix Sample application

Author
Russell Scott Brown
StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It would be really helpful if you could do some more work on the sample application.  More frequent updates like you do the point releases for Strafaframe.

It doesn't take long to work through the existing sample....

Russ Brown (Using C#2010/SQL Server 2008)

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Well, we plan to add features, but this is a pretty loaded request. Also, if you really dig into the sample, it should take far longer to dissect that you allude to here. There is a lot of depth and the purpose of the sample is to show how to setup an application including reporting, Save / Undo actions, base BOs, forms, etc. It shows most every aspect required for an application including GUID primary keys to multiple foreign key relationships, child tables, and more. There is a lot of meat there. It may not take long to just run each piece of the program, but that is the point.

I do not disagree that additional things will make it into the sample, but there is already everything you need to get your application started.

To get what you want it helps to be more specific versus broad and ambiguous requests. You might specify exacts that you would like to see. You can leave of the web portion of the sample as this is already in the queue.
Russell Scott Brown
Russell Scott Brown
StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks Trent. 

The web sample is something I would like to see definitely.

Russ Brown (Using C#2010/SQL Server 2008)

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Trent L. Taylor (08/29/2009)
... You can leave of the web portion of the sample as this is already in the queue.

Well, I am also waiting for the web sample w00t, but I also would like to see the reports using Report SharpShooter (RSS). I know you guys have done a very neat, powerful and flexible report management tool in your medical application using RSS and frankly even though I am using RSS I still have to do many manual things (adding classes for report data source, BBS, and many more for reports and it is becoming to be painful.

Since you have done so much with RSS I would strongly support anything that MicroFour could share with us as:

1.- 3rd Party Report Manager Tool for SF

2.- White papers on how you have integrated RSS including the data driven report facility.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...