Using Business Objects in conjunction with ASP.Net MVC

Author
abenge
StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We're researching the possibility of using the ASP.Net Model View Controller (MVC) to build web portals and we were wondering if business objects can be used in place of the ADO.Net Entity Data Models that MVC tells you to use?
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, StrataFrame should be able to operate in this environment without issue. The one thing that I generally suggest to anyone looking into merged multiple technologies is to be sure and download a trial and make sure that it serves your purpose as you can generally get a lot of answers through this process to make sure it will fit your needs.

Thanks for your interest in StrataFrame.
Andrew Harper
Andrew Harper
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Trent,

I realise this is an old post but it asks the same question I have.

I have developed and deployed a number of Winform and ASP.Net Webform applications that utilise Strataframe and DevExpress controls with great success. 

Coming from a VFP background the Winform applications have been relatively straightforward,  the ASP.Net Webforms applications less so. This has not been due to Strataframe.   
As more of our focus is tending to Web based solutions we have been asked to investigate ASP.net MVC. All the examples that I have found on the web utilise EF as the backend. 

Has anyone here done any development with MVC and Strataframe as the backend?

If so, can they point me in the direction of resources/guidlines/advice? 

Any input would be greatly appreciated,

TIA,

Andy
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...