Backup Software

Author
Doron Farber
StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi All,

Here is some feedback of the backup software that I am using:

My database size is about 1TB. For me a good backup is a matter of life and death situation. I decided after several months of testing to use the LightSpeed from the Quest company found at: http://www.quest.com/litespeed-for-sql-server. I tried also RedGate and was not impressed with that software. It does not have the flexibility LightSpeed provides.

LightSpeed is being used by MicroSoft for their own database, I actually spoke with one of their DBAs and while I was telling him that I am looking for a backup software he told me about it. Quest provides 24/7 tech support and one time on Saturday I called them when the Trial version expired and needed to restore a table. They dispatched a tech guy from his home that called me and took care of the problem.

I got the enterprise version since It can restore one table at the time as well, so no need to restore the whole database if one table is needed. It has many stored procedures that I can run via the ms sql 2008 and see the status of the restore or backup.

They also provided with a demo to me and Edhy about what you can do with their backup software. Because of the economy situation they were able to provide an aggressive discount. If you need to get some info here is the sales rep that helped me to nail the deal:

Kyle M. Drehwing

SQL Server National Account Manager

Quest Software

(w) 732-409-5131 | (c) 201-240-6316 | (f) 949-790-2109

Regards,

Doron
Doron Farber
Doron Farber
StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)StrataFrame User (146 reputation)
Hi All,

I forgot to enter the email for the sales rep for the LightSpeed backup software.

kyle.drehwing@quest.com

You may mention my name as well if need be.

I am just providing you with my experience with this great backup software,.

Regards,

Doron

http://www.dfarber.com
Russell Scott Brown
Russell Scott Brown
StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)StrataFrame User (246 reputation)
Thanks Doron.

Just out of curiousity, how much of a discount did you get?

Russ Brown (Using C#2010/SQL Server 2008)

Doron Farber
Doron Farber
Hi Russ,

The sales rep was asking me not to provide that price publically. But you could be a phone call away to know that.Smile

I read many reviews of different backup software. I concluded that LightSpeed is in a different league of itself.

Regards,

Doron

http://www.dfarber.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...