CLR Stored Procedures

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

Can anybody recommend a good book or any other source about creating complex clr stored procedures?

I have a calculation process that I was doing at the client level and due to the large amount of records that needs to be used for lookups (couple of millions) I have to move this process to a Store Procedure.

The process requires some data loops for validations, currently I am taking advantage of the SF BO functionality to Filter and Seek, but I believe in a CLR SP I would not have a BO so I may be working with a data reader object to do the looping and validations.

I will appreciate any information related to managing the data in the CLR SP. I already have a Database Project and a CLR SP created and have done some testing, but need more advance data manipulation samples in order to translate my code in the form into the CLR SP.

Thanks!

Edhy Rijo

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I can't recommend it, because I just ordered it and its in the mail, but here is the one I picked:

Programming Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (PRO-Developer)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0735625999/ref=oss_T15_product

I'll let you know what I think once I get it (likely some time next week...did cheapest shipping).
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Thanks Greg, will check it out.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...