Issue with package encryption/compression

Author
Alan Jones
StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Guys,
In our installation we've run into an issue on deploying data to machines with a specific local security policy. 

The policy:
System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing and signing

When I enable this policy on my machine, I am unable to open any of our package files (no encryption) because of the compression being used. 
Get the generic message:
PackageIt has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Our installation will be for government machines, many of which will likely have this option set.  Programmatically we can turn off this setting IF local policy allows it, but there is a very real chance this won't be the case. 

Are there any settings you have within the DDT or PackageIt! that you can change to make the data packages FIPS compliant?

I've attached an overview of the policy if it helps.

Attachments
FIPS Algorithm Overview.txt (142 views, 1.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...