Deploying package into many databases resided in the same server

Author
Luiz Lima
StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi guys,

I have a lot of customers using the same server and i´d like to deploy automatically the whole db changes (including profile scripts) to all databases inside the server.
This can be occurs with a new database also.

If I do it using DDT Deploy Button, changing the database name, the system rename the database and create another file with MDF extension.
I know that it´s the a DDT concept, but i´d like to know how can I do that automatically without rename.

See the attached images.

Tks

Luiz

Attachments
ScreenHunter_02 Nov. 09 10.15.jpg (140 views, 31.00 KB)
ScreenHunter_03 Nov. 09 10.16.jpg (134 views, 35.00 KB)
ScreenHunter_04 Nov. 09 10.17.jpg (141 views, 43.00 KB)
ScreenHunter_05 Nov. 09 10.23.jpg (132 views, 35.00 KB)
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Check out the DatabaseMigrator class on these forums, it is actually pretty easy to automate this.

Keith Chisarik
Luiz Lima
Luiz Lima
StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)
Keith,

The ClassMigrator will be update my schema processing the whole packages?
I understood that ClassMigrator would copy my data from database to another.
I´d like to process packages selectively:

- tables, indexed, triggers, scripts and etc

Tks

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
The DatabaseMigrator class allows you to programatically apply DDT packages to one (or more) databases. I think this is what you are asking, there is a nice sample in the SF help.

Keith Chisarik
Luiz Lima
Luiz Lima
Keith,

Tks.. As soon as possible I´ll try do write a program based upon the SF example.
If I have problems, i scream! BigGrin

See ya!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...