Merging several packages in a single profile?

Author
Michel Levy
StrataFrame User (329 reputation)StrataFrame User (329 reputation)StrataFrame User (329 reputation)StrataFrame User (329 reputation)StrataFrame User (329 reputation)StrataFrame User (329 reputation)StrataFrame User (329 reputation)StrataFrame User (329 reputation)StrataFrame User (329 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

Let's say 3 development teams (1 at customer's site, and 2 consultants) with no LAN or VPN to join them, only mail or ftp. Each team owns licences for SF and DDT, and can create deployment packages to apply on customer's SQL Servers (and of course on SQL Servers for tests at consultant's office)

When I receive customer's package, I can import it in a profile and deploy it from that profile. From another profile, I generate a package, and customer may deploy this package I'll send him. And of course, each deployment delete and  replace what was locally written Angry

How could I merge the 2 packages into a single, in order to see all modifications in a single profile? from within DDT? with a merge replication in SQL Server? with a versionning product (Visual SourceSafe or another one)?

Thanks in advance for all advice.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...