Subclassing DevEx.TextEdit

Author
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I would like to subclass the Microfour.Strataframe.UI.Windows.Forms.DevEx.TextEdit so I don't have to set all the properties each time to get currency box behavior when I drop one on a form (this form will have > 30 ) I will be using this to bind to character fields as well.

I am still a little uncertain as to how masking works in .NET.

I am trying to add a new component, and set the inherits, then set the properties I want in the properties sheet. I get a warning that fProperties has a the exact property in the base class and should be marked Shadows but I'm out of my depth on exactly how to set this up.

I'd be open to any alternative suggestions as to how to create the textbox that will behave right to left, 2 decimals, show with normal backcolor when disabled or readonly etc. The DevEx.TextEdit ( part of the DevExpress freebie in the XtraEditors ) might be the easiest to adapt for my purposes but if anyone has built something else they'd like to share I'd certainly like to see it.

Assume others have been down this path before so I'll look forward to suggestions.

TIA
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Charles R Hankey - 14 Years Ago
Trent L. Taylor - 14 Years Ago
Bill Cunnien - 14 Years Ago
Greg McGuffey - 14 Years Ago
Greg McGuffey - 14 Years Ago
                         Dude.

Just saw it.

AutoAdjustMaxLength property...
                             Nope...it is NOT on the TextEdit control. Alas!
The control was...
                                 There is no reason for us to do it when you guys are making the change...
Trent L. Taylor - 14 Years Ago
                                     Heh heh...you betcha! I am opening the source code, as we speak....
                                     I am trying to SubClass the DevEx TextEdit control anduse the...
Ger Cannoll - 13 Years Ago
                                         Hi Gerard, The code is in the TextBox.vb class in the MicroFour...
Edhy Rijo - 13 Years Ago
                                             Iseem to have this fully working now..many thanks for all...
                                                 Hi Gerard, Thanks for the clarification. So the property name in...
Edhy Rijo - 13 Years Ago
                                                     Hi Edhy. Yes. Most of properties are at the root (e.g. .Font ,...