More info in Data Collision dialogue box

Author
Peter Jones
StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

A bit of background first:

1) We use DX grids

2) All our grids are always in edit mode, i.e. user can edit, add or delete without changing form 'mode'.

3) As the user moves between different rows in a grid we automatically save that row if it is dirty.

Today a user what hopping between rows looking at things and decided to add a new row (by pressing the add new row button). This caused a data collision dialogue box to appear which showed changed values. The problem is the user had no idea what row he had left (and made dirty) when the add new row button was pressed.

The Data Collision processing was perfectly valid but, in these circumstances, it didn't give the user the full picture. I was wondering if you could add an 'all fields view' button to the dialogue box so the user can see all the fields (changed and unchanged) in the BO. This would give the user the ability to postively identifiy the record the system is refering. In this case it was an Order and, because the Order Number was unchanged, it didn't appear in the field list.

Cheers, Peter
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Yeah, we will take this into consideration. You do know that you can create your own collision form, right? We actually expose this and use the very same events with the pre-built dialog. So if this is an immediate need, then you can actually take care of this yourself and make it look any way that you like...or even suppress the dialog from showing based on a test to see if this is a valid "collision" based on your environment. These are just a couple of thoughts.
Peter Jones
Peter Jones
StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Trent,

Actually I may have known but had certainly forgotten. It's not a real issue - I just thought it would be useful option.

That said - I will take a look at rolling our own. Any sample code available?

Cheers, Peter
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I would have to look around the forum.  I don't think that we have a standard sample out there, but if I get a chance I will try and look around (or try and throw something together).
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...