Label + TextBox + LookupButton together

Author
hector
StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi folks,

if i am not wrong, there isn't any SF control which combines a label , a text box and a button.

What i need here is similar to PeopleLookupControl user control in StrataFlix project but very generic one.

I should bind it to a BO and bind it's label to label of BO's field.

When i hit button it will browse related BO. etc etc...

i plan to create such a control.

At this point, i want to ask to all folks whether anyone can address me good example to create such a composite control?

Kind Regards...

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
hector (02/24/2010)
At this point, i want to ask to all folks whether anyone can address me good example to create such a composite control?

Hi Hector,

You already have it, StrataFlix.

Edhy Rijo

hector
hector
StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)
Hi Edhy,

if u mean PeopleLookupControl i am aware about it as i said.

But what i want to do is to create a very generic composite custom control.

Kind regards...

hector
hector
Hi Trent,

Is it possible to hear your opinon?

Kind regards...

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (484 reputation)
Hi Hector,

No, StrataFrame does not have a pre-built control that combines those three elements, so this would be something you would want to create yourself.  As you've found, StrataFlix provides a great example of creating a custom control with your requested items within it.

We use this type of control quite a bit in our medical application. In our case, we've gone the route of creating specific controls for each purpouse. In our experience, the implimentation varies enough that it is cleaner and faster to just make a custom control for each need. To make one generic control to handle each function cleanly would (for our needs) take more time and maintenance than it would save.  Obviously, your mileage may vary here, and a generic approach may suite your needs better, we just don't have one pre-built for you Smile.

Are you having any specific troubles getting started with a custom control that uses StrataFrame binding? As Edhy pointed out, the StrataFlix examples are great for getting your head around the concept, and getting started.

hector
hector
Hi Taylor,

My problem is that i am also new to C#.NET.

I am a exprienced Delphi programmer.

I am just looking for a good example as starting point..

As this control will be a composite custom control i think there is a trick to create such control.

if u address me such a resource or example i will be more then glad

Kind regards...

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
hector (02/25/2010)
My problem is that i am also new to C#.NET. I am just looking for a good example as starting point..Kind regards...

Hi Hector,

I just did a search in Google and found serveral links on how to create a user control in VB.NET, here is the link: http://www.google.com/microsoft?hl=en&q=vb.net+how+to+create+a+user+control&btnG=Search

By the way I will start exploring this next week, so expect to see some questions from me BigGrin

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...