DDT error when trying to edit a stored proc.

Author
Keith Gordijn
StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have just gone into the DDT to edit a stored procedure. When clicking the 'Stored Procedures' treeview node I get this messagebox:

ClrAssemblyEnumerator has stopped working

options are debug and close program. Selecting close program gives:

UIException

Dynamically populating the ListView failed. Could not create and fill the business object of type 'MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.DBEProceduresBO'

TargetInvocationException

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

BusinessLayerException

The CurrentRow for table '[dbo].[DBEAssemblies]' could not be evaluated because the CurrentRowIndex is out of range. Business object record count: 0. CurrentRowIndex: -1.

Source : MicroFour StrataFrame UI

Stack Trace:

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.get_CurrentRow()

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.DBEAssembliesBO.get_as_assemblypath()

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.DBEProceduresBO.GetAll(Int32 DatabasePK, Boolean IncludeTableInsertAndUpdateProcedures, Boolean byCategory, String categoryName)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.DBEProceduresBO.GetAll(Int32 DatabasePK, Boolean IncludeTableInsertAndUpdateProcedures)

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ListView.GetFilledBusinessObject(Object[] Parameters)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ListView.PopulateListView(Object[] Parameters)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ListView.Requery()

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ProfileEditorDialog.Load_StoredProceduresDetails()

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ProfileEditorDialog.PopulateDetailList(DBEObjectType tvitem)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ProfileEditorDialog.ProcessTreeviewSelection(DBETVItem tvItem)

I also get the same problem with StrataFlix sample.

Has anyone come across this before or maybe a pointer as to whats going on?

Regards,

Keith
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I have never seen this happen. Basically there is a separate EXE that we distribute to aide in the import and export of CLR assemblies. So it seems like this assembly doesn't want to work on your machine for some reason. What version of SF do you have loaded?
Keith Gordijn
Keith Gordijn
StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (55 reputation)
Hi Trent,

I have 1.7.6 loaded.

I also only recently installed sql server 2008 developer edition and in that install I was told I had a previous version of VS 2008 and it wouldn't let me install the management studio Did some searching and found this is due to having installed a CTP version early on. I ended up uninstalling VS 2008 and reinstalling but had the same problem when installing sql server 2008 but I found a command switch to stop the SSMS check for previous versions of VS and everything seemed ok.

Now I cannot edit stored proc's and I get the StrataFrame toolbox wanting to install every time I go into VS. Also, when exiting the localisation or DDT, without accessing stored proc's, I get an exception that the registry entries for these cannot be found accessed. On checking the registry the entries are there.

Cheers,

Keith
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Well the SF toolbox thing is because the registry cannot be updated. It sounds to me like you might be going down a slippery slope here. I have fought the CTP installations before and the final outcome was...smoke (format) the machine and start over Crazy

The problem that you are fighting on the CLR sproc makes sense now since most likely there is a SQL Native Client conflict between the CTP and the release build of SQL Server (specifically SMO [SQL Server Management Objects] 10.0).
Keith Gordijn
Keith Gordijn
I was afraid you would say that! Crying

Ok, I was going to upgrade to Windows 7 soon anyway, now sounds like a good time.

Cheers,

Keith
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
That would probably be your best course of action. Sorry. Ermm
Keith Gordijn
Keith Gordijn
Now on Windows 7, nice fresh installs of everything and no more problems. BigGrin
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Good to hear! Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...