how to bind stratalistView with BO..

Author
Keli Mor Mor, r
StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
how to bind StrataListView with BO..

ThemedListView doesn,t hav property PopulatingDataSourceSettings

Teddy Jensen
Teddy Jensen
StrataFrame Novice (104 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (104 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (104 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (104 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (104 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (104 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (104 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (104 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (104 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
The StrataListView is still in beta and does not have the normal databinding yet, but Trent has made a sample on how to manually populate the list.

See it here http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic24981-17-1.aspx 

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Teddy is correct. This control has grown immensely and we will soon add the standard PopulationDataSourceSettings to the StrataListView.
Trevor Hendricks
Trevor Hendricks
StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)
I am building an ordinary header/detail form (invoice/detail) and was wondering what is the best approach.

should i use listview,stratalistview or something else as the detail area?

should i use the parentrelationship approach or manually populate the detail in the control?

TIA

Trevor
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)
Hi Trevor,
I have a lot forms with Parent/child configurations and there are several approaches to handle this in SF.
  1. If you want to modify the child record in the list/grid, then you have to use a DataGridView or a 3rd party grid control since all the listview are read only.
  2. The SF ListView has a lot of automation to handle the edition of the child record using a ChildForm component that will show up a modal dialog form so you can modify the data.  This would be the preferred method since it is very easy to implement and maintain.  Be aware that if you will be having a lot of child records that there could be a performance hit using the ListView.
  3. The StrataListView is a very fast control, but have the lack of not having any of the automation implemented in the SF ListView but it does very nice features.  I posted a subclassed version of the StrataListView here until the final version is released.
My prefer approach when using Parent/Child form is not to use a Child Dialog Form, instead I use a Panel in the same form to place the child data to be edited, this way the end user is locked with the Modal form and be forced to either cancel or enter all data if they need to use other functionality of the application, so with my approach they can continue to work and open other forms if needed and then go back to the child page to finish that data entry, of course, you would need to handle the page navigations, but that is pretty easy to do.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...