TypeConverter issue

Author
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have an attempt at a type converter. I have it all hooked up and it is getting called. When I step through it, there are no errors, but when I type text into the property, I get a "Property is invalid" message with details something like:

Cannot Convert object of type 'TopMostNode' to type 'TopMostNode'

Huh? What could be causing this? On StackOverflow somebody suggested that I have two versions of the same assembly loaded, but I have no idea how to figure this out. The references say that it is using the same assembly (just the debug version). And since I haven't changed the version info on the assembly since I started messing with this, not sure how it would know that it was a "different" assembly. Any ideas?
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Most likely this is happening in your ConvertFrom or ConvertTo OR you are fighting multiple assemblies for the same version. If you have an issue converting one type to another and they are the same object, this always points to another assembly or reference being on disk, in the GAC, or something along those lines. I have fought this more than once and it challenges my self control BigGrin I know that this what you are fighting if it is giving your a "MyType" to "MyType" exception. Double check the reference paths and if it all looks good, check everything in, delete it from your local work environment, get it all back from source control, rebuild all, and try again.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...