FieldCollision class enhancement

Author
Kirk M Sherhart
StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (61 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'd like to see a 'Visible' property added to the FieldCollision class to control whether or not the values appear in the default collision resolution dialog.

I want to preserve the default processing of FieldCollisions (i.e. resaving with the selected values, etc.) However, some fields always use the server values (or vice versa, the local values.) I don't want to give the user a choice via the dialog if in fact they really don't have one. I don't want to remove a FieldCollision from the collection, since I still want the values processed normally, visible or not.

For example, the user should never see the ROW_VERSION field in the collision dialog. The choice MUST BE to use the server value. So, in this case a FieldCollision for ROW_VERSION would be "use server value" and "not visible."

I would expect the default value of Visible would be true to preserve the current functionality.

thanks!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...