Package-IT

Author
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I am trying to use package it. It does not seem to add subdirectories and their files. Is there a way to make it do this?

I am not using it programatically, just the EXE provided. I tried to figure it out for myself but when I click 'help' on the menu, nothing happens. I wanted to evaluate the compression rate of package-it versus Winzip to see if I want to use it or not, but if it doesnt have the ability to include and restore subdirectories and preserve paths......

Thanks

Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
It will not display the folders within the viewer, but if you look at the details for each item that is placed in the package file, you will notice that it does store off the path, and when you extract it, it will ask you whether you want to extract the relative path or the absolute path.  But, when it displays the files, it displays them in a flat list.
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I checked that, it did not include the subdirs and no paths were listed, I manually checked for the files as well.

Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I think it has to do with how you're adding the files to the package file... if you add a folder, it will add the files within the folder and the store off the path, but if you choose the file directly within the browser, it won't have a relative path (because it was chosen directly).   It will store off the absolute path, however, which is not show, I don't believe.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...