Package-It Command Line

Author
Derek Price
StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Does Package-It! support command line options to extract the contents without launching the UI? I would like to set something up so that when a package gets updated it would get extracted and checked into TFS automatically via the command line.

Thanks,

Derek
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Derek,

As near as I can tell, PackageIt doesn't have a command line interface. Crying

However, you could easily build your own! The tools to do so are in the SF IO.Compression namespace. It is surprisingly easy to create/extract packages. I used this to create a package with exception reports and then a viewer to open the package and view the contents.

Derek Price
Derek Price
StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (89 reputation)
Ok thanks. I didn't think so, but it was worth checking. I had built something last year, but was hoping to avoid maintaining another piece of code! Wink

Derek
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
I totally understand. Fortunately, this will likely be a pretty simple app to write and maintain. Good luck!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...