I must be a little slow

Author
Flavelle Ballem
StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have an existing database that resides on SQLExpress (local installation). I have tried to import the tables from that database with no success. I can only assume that I am a little slow.

If I am asked for Application Database, I am assuming that this is the database that contains the tables that I want to import. If I am asked for a StrataFrame database (which I have not been), then I am assuming that this should identify the StrataFrame database.

Please, may I have step-by-step instructions for DDT that will allow me to import the tables from my database (on which I have worked really hard!)? I have tried to follow the instructions that are contained in the help file, and it does allow me to access the Application database, but there are no tables, views, or anything else, imported!

Many thanks,

Flavelle

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Is it a SQL Server database that you are trying to import, or VFP or access?
Flavelle Ballem
Flavelle Ballem
StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (68 reputation)
SQL Server Express installed on my workstation.

Server is: .\sqlexpress. The DDT appears to work correctly, the Database shows up, but there are no tables included (and I am selecting them all). I know the tables are there - I can manage them in SQL Management Express.

Thanks,

Flavelle

Flavelle Ballem
Flavelle Ballem
There's a post in Issues - Error adding table - that probably relates to the errors.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...