1.7 supporting SF Web controls?

Author
temory
StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We recently upgraded to 1.7.0 across the board and I'm currently in the process of building a web control that will bind to an SF BO. I've used the SF web application template and ensured that the assembly references were updated as well as the web config

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Todd Emory
temory
temory
StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)
Sorry guys-the forum truncated part of my original post:

We recently upgraded to 1.7.0 across the board and I'm currently in the process of building a web control that will bind to an SF BO. I've used the SF web application template and ensured that the assembly references were updated as well as the web config controls add tagPrefix declarations as appropriate. I’m still getting a 404 when trying to load the associated page. When I remove the markup for the SFWeb controls (e.g., textbox) the page renders fine. I pretty much modeled this after the sample app with the exception of the dll references.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Todd Emory

temory
temory
Found the issue. For some odd reason there wasn't an exception thrown due to the SFWeb cmdButtons not being contained by a form with the runat="server" attribute. An oversight on my part-- but if one should run into a similar 404 I'd advise checking both the connection string and the application event viewer (local IIS), as it should have something pretty verbose.

Thanks again,

Todd.
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Thanks for posting the actual issue and resolution Todd. Glad you figured it out!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...