Binding to SF BO's from *.ascx

Author
temory
StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (24 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Me againTongue

Ok, I know the subject about whether DotNetNuke integration was broached some time ago and I can say that as of now the primary challenge has been this-

DNN uses web controls (*.ascx) as opposed to *.aspx pages to render content in "modules." The framework requires the control to extend System.Web.UI.UserControl. It appears that any web form with SF controls needs to inherit from the basepage class, which only references System.Web.UI.

My question is this---have you had any web projects that contain partial pages/web controls and if so, did they require a modification to basepage to reference UserControl?

Thanks again guys!

Todd
Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (484 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I'd recommend implimenting your own binding for those. Since the StrataFrame license comes with access to the source code, you can just look and see how we implimented binding on, say, a text box, and mimick those hooks for your own controls.

The source code is available under the downloads section if you haven't gotten yet, so the first step would be to grab that and extract it to give you access to the source (FYI, you can also build the source it in debug mode to allow you to dive into the strataframe source when debugging your own application.)

Once you have access to the source, take a look at the MicroFour StrataFrame UI project.  There is a TextBox class in the "WebForms Controls" folder that will give you everythign you need to impliment your own binding here.  Essentially, you will be implimenting the IWebBusinessBindable interface, which will necessitate several public property hooks and the like, all of which can be stolen from the textbox class to give you a good start (an example being the BindingField public property).

By implimenting this on a base class, and inheriting that class on the rest of your .ascx'es, you should be able to cover your bases here without too much trouble.

Hope that gives you a point in the right direction, and let us know if you run into any walls along that path Smile

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...