Deploying to Mirrored Database

Author
Tim Dol
StrataFrame User (366 reputation)StrataFrame User (366 reputation)StrataFrame User (366 reputation)StrataFrame User (366 reputation)StrataFrame User (366 reputation)StrataFrame User (366 reputation)StrataFrame User (366 reputation)StrataFrame User (366 reputation)StrataFrame User (366 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a couple of questions regarding package deployment.

1) Is there a problem deploying packages against databases that are being mirrored?  We have a customer running mirroring and they said the deployment fails. (I haven't actually seen the error yet, I'm just being proactive to find out if there are problems).   Are there procedures to follow when deploying to mirrored databases?

2) What SQL permissions are required to deploy a package to a database?  A few of our customers have very tight security on the databases so I need to supply them with a permissions list.

Thanks,

Tim

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
1) Is there a problem deploying packages against databases that are being mirrored?  We have a customer running mirroring and they said the deployment fails. (I haven't actually seen the error yet, I'm just being proactive to find out if there are problems).   Are there procedures to follow when deploying to mirrored databases?

There shouldn't be any issue. Guess the error message could help us here.

2) What SQL permissions are required to deploy a package to a database?  A few of our customers have very tight security on the databases so I need to supply them with a permissions list.

I would say that being a member of the db_owner database role would do it.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...