Error when deploying database with security tables

Author
Michel Levy
StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

running on a Windows7 64, DDT launched as administrator

• step 1 - we import SFS tables from StrataFrame database into app database, from within DDT
  • step 2 - we get an error when attempting to deploy package. package file is well wrote, but deployment fails (see error logs in attachment). Notice that SFS tables are well created on DB destination
  • step 3 - in DDT, we delete all SFS* tables and views, and we clear history
  • step 4 - we deploy package without error
  • step 5 - checking error origin, we create a new project in DDT, importing from SQL app database (as deployed in step 2). SFS tables and views are imported from SQL
  • step 6 - DDT deployment for that project raises the same error as step 2
  • step 7 - we create a new project in DDT, and import from SQL app database (as deployed in step 2), but without SFS tables and wiews
  • step 8 - we deploy a package for that new project wthout error

so, I think that there's a little bug in DDT with RBS Whistling

as a workaround, I use SSIS to import all data content from SFS tables, then delete from DDT project, then clear history, and all runs fine!

would you please look at that problem?

thanks in advance

Attachments
emapkg_results.txt (73 views, 123.00 KB)
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Michel.

Do you think there could be a problem on the application database side?

Would you be able to create a backup, delete the SFS tables, store procedures, etc from the Database, and then try to deploy the SFS with the DDT?

Michel Levy
Michel Levy
StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Ivan,

unfortunately, I am not at Eric's office now, and the issue was on his new laptop... so I must ask him.
But I'm pretty sure of the quality of the database (SQL 2008 on the same machine). It's a new database whe check together, and the new application he is writing runs without problem (BO are well filled, store procedure runs as they need, backup is OK from within SSMS as from within the application itself, really no other problem that DDT deployment for RBS)

The only element I forgot during the test was to delete the SFS store procedures Blink ... I'll try next week.

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Yep, the Stored Procedures seemed to be the problem. I have been deploying the security tables on Win7 64bits over here without problem, so there might be some other variable producing the error you are getting there. Let us know next week.

Have a great weekend. Cool

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...