Cannot create column on exisiting table

Author
Jason Seidell
StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (69 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
On one of my tables I get the attached error when trying to create a package after adding or renaming any columns on the table.  This only occurs for a single table in the database, and it does not matter what I name the column or what data type/other options are specified.

I dunno what to do next?  Any help?

Jason Seidell

Programmer/Analyst

Infinedi

Attachments
Capture.PNG (151 views, 71.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Well, this is really not enough information. First, I would try the following in trying to troubleshoot any deployment issue:

1. Deploy to a clean SQL Server instance or database to make sure that this isn't an update issue. If it is created clean (versus updating existing structures) then you have someplace to start.

2. Look through your object history to see if you have something stepping on this table/field.

If you cannot find your problem using the above steps, then you will need to send us a backup of your existing structures to which you are deploying and the PKG file from which you are deploying your structures.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...