Triggers Instead of for Views

Author
Michel Levy
StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
when importing SQL database, I can't see the triggers instead of, actually existing on the views.
And on a new view I design in DDT, I can't write Trigger instead of.

Would it be possible to add these functionalities in a next version, please?
Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (484 reputation)
Added it to the list Smile. We're actually wanting to re-vamp the DDT pretty extensively and add quite a few new bells and whistles. I've added this one specifically to make sure it doesn't get overlooked.

In the mean time, you can manage your triggers for the view using Pre and Post deployment scripts. A pre-deployment script can drop the trigger, and a post-deployment can re-deploy it, which should get you want you are looking for.
Michel Levy
Michel Levy
StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)
Ah Tongue
thank you Dustin!

I know I can use pre and post-deployment scripts to drop/create it, but it is still not visible in DDT.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...