One BO, multiple databases with different structures.

Author
Malcon
StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I have one question, and would like to solve with Business Objects.
I have an application that connects to many different ERP system, providing some data on that share.
Example: I'll bring to the table of invoices for a particular customer. I'll connect to Microsoft Dynamics or MySAP or another ERP system, seek data, normalize the types in an object created by me, and I use the interfaces that this object provides.

MyInvoices:
Id - varchar (20)
PersonID - Varchar (20)
Value - Decimal (18.2)
DatePayment - DateTime

InvoceFromMSDynamic:
In_PK - BigInt
User_FK - BigInt
Value - Decimal (18.2)
Date - DateTime

InvoceFromSAP
Id - BigInt
PersonID - Varchar (10)
Value - Decimal (18.2)
DatePayment - DateTime2

MyApp <MyObject <MicrosoftDynamics <DataBase MS
MyApp <MyObject <MySAP <DB2 Database

I created a class that reads data from the ERP database and converts it into an object which I use in my application, so regardless of the ERP used to always call my class MyObject
Is there any way I can map a standard object and uses it as a BO?
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Probably your best best would be to use the DDT. You would create a project in DDT, create tables that contained your standardized data structure. Then you would use the BO mapper to use the DDT structure to create BOs.

You would then need to have code to grab the data from the various ERP systems. In some cases you would other BOs to grab that data, in others you might be using a web service (I'm pretty sure that Dynamics prefers that you use web services).  For data that is retrieved via web services, you might want to create BOs for that data also. Then in the fill methods, you'd connect to the web service and do what ever is required to load a DataTable for the BO.

Finally, you would need code to do the translation, which would just be run on the source BOs to fill the common, standardized BOs.

Does that help?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...