Aloow and 'And' or 'Or' combination in BrowseDialog

Author
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
If you have multiple search fields in a BrowseDialog, the search seems to be based on 'Anding' the search conditions.What would be very nice would be to have  bracketed conditions. e.g. I want say 3 search criteria (Name, Email1, Email2) and I want a list returned where 'Gerard' is contained in 'ANY' of the 3 columns as opposed to ALL 3 colums  i.e.SearchCondition 1   And/Or Search Condition2And/Or SearchCondition3 etc There would also need to be a 'Bracket' facility to allow for nestinge.g.SearchConditon1And (SearchCondition2 Or    SearcCondition3   ) 
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I checked and this is on the enhancement list already.  Currently it isn't a high priority, as the use of ORs in a WHERE clause can lead to performance issues on large tables. This is kind of like "giving enough rope to hang yourself" sort of feature.  But as almost any feature, there are valid uses for it and it is on the list.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...