Error when adding SF DevExp

Author
Lukasz Kustusz
StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I'm getting the following message when trying to add SF DevEx Maintenance Form to my project. 

The assembly reference "DevExpress.Data.v9.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9b171c9fd64da1d1" could not be added to the project. This wizard will continue to run, but the resulting project may not build properly.

Our version of DevExpress is 10.1.6 and SF is the trial version 1.7.3.1
Any ideas?
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Lukasz.

If you are on trial, follow this link:

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost27986.aspx

If you have the source code, open the MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI solution, change the references to your DevEx version and recompile it.

Cheers.
Lukasz Kustusz
Lukasz Kustusz
StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (45 reputation)
I don't have the source code. I actually used the link you've sen't me back when I was installing the SF trial. I'd just redone it to make sure, but it's the same message.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Have you copied the assemblies you downloaded to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame, then deleted the same ones from the GAC and afterwards copied the downloaded assemblies to the GAC?

After you do all this have a look at the assemblies in the GAC and check their version. Also, the message you are getting says it is finding a DevEx version 9.2 somewhere, if all the above fails, search your hard drive for a copy of this old version and delete it if found.
Edited 14 Years Ago by Ivan George Borges
Lukasz Kustusz
Lukasz Kustusz
GAC is updated with the downloaded Inherited.UI. I also did the search in C for the DevExpress.Data.v9.2, but it's not there. Seems to me that the problem is caused because there's a reference in the Inherited.UI to DevExpress.Data.v9.2 which is not found on my PC.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Well, the DLL you downloaded from the link I've sent you was specially built for the DevEx 10.1.6, so there shouldn't be any references to the older version in it.

Sorry about it, but I guess I misinformed you when I asked you to look for an older version od the DLL, I meant the "MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll". Once you copy the downloaded DLL to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame, delete the ones from the GAC and then copy it to the GAC also, check if you find a copy of the "MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll" anywhere else on your disk and delete it if found.
Lukasz Kustusz
Lukasz Kustusz
Ivan, 

I did copy the the downloaded MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI to both the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame and c:\Windows\Assembly. I did a search and I found another instance of this assembly in C:\Program Files (x86)\MicroFour\StrataFrame\Assemblies, which I also replaced. I re-referenced this assembly in my project and rebuilt. The problem is still there. In addition, another one of our developers is using the same set of libraries, and he did the update also, and he also has the same issue. It really seems that there's something in that assembly that points to version 9.2 of the DevExpress. Could you do a test on your end to see if it works for you, for this form type?
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
At this stage, since you don't have the source code yet, I am not sure what could be happening. Have you tried using any of the SF wrapped DevEx controls from the inherited UI? Maybe the DevEx Maintenance form is a template and that is why you are getting the reference. I don't use DevEx, so I can't check it right now on my machine, I would have to ask the developers to create the test scenario to check it for you. But for the trial period, maybe you could go on and test the SF Maintenance Form and get the feeling of it, so you could have a general knowledge of what the framework could do for you.

Cheers.
Lukasz Kustusz
Lukasz Kustusz
I've already used the EnhancedList, and TextEdit from the SF DevEx wrapper and it works ok. I'd rather you checked with your developers for this, as the goal for our evaluation of the trial for us is to see if it will work seamlessly with our existing investment in DevExpress.
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Could you post an example app that works with the EnhancedList and TextEdit but not with the Maintenance form?  Likely there is just a messed up reference somewhere, which is easy to fix once found....but hard to find without a project to look at.   That way not only can the developers take  look, but there are other users who use DevX and they can test it as well.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...