DatabaseMigrator.BackupComplete Event

Author
Melvin Xuereb
StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I'm browsing through the DatabaseMigrator methods and events and noticed that there is an event 'BackupComplete'.

I have attached a method to the event, and executed the DeployMetaData and DeployData methods however, the BackupComplete event seems not to be fired. 
Can you please tell me when is this event fired? Also, is there a method which does a DB Backup?

Thanks.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Melvin Xuereb (10/25/2010)

Can you please tell me when is this event fired? Also, is there a method which does a DB Backup?.

Hi Melvin,
Sorry I don't know the answer about the event firing, but about backup there are several posting in the forum which show you how to do a simple backup form your SF application.  Just search for "backup" in the forums.

Edhy Rijo

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Hi Melvin!

Currently the backup events don't do anything (or even get raised).  They were part of an experiment to include backup/restore that would be available both during deployment via the DatabaseMigrator class and also available as part of the normal business process.  This is tentatively scheduled to be included in the next update of the DDT, which I don't have a date for yet (before any of you ask Wink  ) 
Melvin Xuereb
Melvin Xuereb
StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)
Thanks for the info Smile
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Any time! Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...