How do I to use INNER JOIN in Browse Dialog component?

Author
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Here you are:

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost20241.aspx

Also, have a look at the help file under "Application Framework" -> "UI Layer" -> "Controls" -> "Browse Dialog" -> "Working with the Browse Dialog" -> "Setting the Browse Dialog Layout. This will give you an overview of the features, including the Population Type, which is the one you are going to need for what you want to accomplish. Wink
Edited 14 Years Ago by Ivan George Borges
Marcio Valerio Silva
Marcio Valerio Silva
StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ok! I understand and in search its works very well in Searchs.

But how I can show in Results the ClientesName?

I didn´t know how to do...

What do I do to show ClientesName in results?

I try to search in forum about Browse Search but I didn´t find any results that answer my question.

at,

Marcio Valerio da Silva

at,

Marcio Valerio da Silva
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hey Marcio.

Also, if the ClientId is the foreign key for the Clientes table, where the name is stored, you just use a combobox for the search key on your BrowseDialog.

So, you would add the ClientId as a SearchField:

Then, on the Search Field Criteria, go to Combo - Business Object tab and click the "..." button, which will lead you into the List Population Settings dialog. There, you set your foreign table, its Fill Method to execute, Display Member and so on:

Doing that, once you run your BD, you just choose the Client from the combobox that will be populated with your clients, and the BD will search on this ClientId:

Edited 14 Years Ago by Ivan George Borges
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Marcio,

The easy way is to create a view in SQL, then create a BO using that view and assign that BO to the Browser Dialog. 

There are couple of messages in the forums about the same issue.  Search for Browse Dialog in the forums.

Edhy Rijo

Marcio Valerio Silva
Marcio Valerio Silva
StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (81 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
How do I to use INNER JOIN in Browse Dialog Component?

Example I have a table named Order and it has a field ClientId, but I need to seek by field ClientesName that not is in table Order.

So I need to use SQL INNER JOIN or LEFT JOIN to fill the Browse Dialog Component.

How do I do this?

at,

Marcio Valerio da Silva

at,

Marcio Valerio da Silva
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...