Customize Wizard stuck

Author
Greg
StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am a relative newbie when it comes to strataframe, and a maintenance programmer at my current job.

I am trying to figure out how to edit a business object, but when I open the Object Mapper, and then try to use the Customize Wizard, it does not load. The popup: "searching.... populating tree view" remains on the screen, even after i close the customize wizard, and the object mapper. It goes away when I close Visual studio. Does anyone know what would cause this?

I am running windows 7, and visual studio 2008.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Greg.

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem. You say that when you try to use the Customize Wizard, it doesn't load. But then you said that after you close the Customize Wizard, the message stayed there. Do you mean it opened empty?

What SF verision are you on?
Greg
Greg
StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hey Ivan,

Thanks for the quick reply! The customization wizard being stuck was an assumption, as I wasn't sure if I needed it or not. The assumption was based on the fact that the popup "searching... populating tree view" is actually stuck, and it remains until i close out of VS. This is not hindering my work, though, as it looks like I don't need to use the customization wizard at this point.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hey Greg.

OK, got it... but it should work as advertised. If you get to a point where you need it and it is still refusing to cooperate with you, let us know and we can go through it together.

Cheers!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...