Automatic Edit Mode

Author
Sam Tenney
StrataFrame Novice (78 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (78 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (78 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (78 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (78 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (78 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (78 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (78 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (78 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I decided to try using what I call automatic edit mode so a user does not need to click the Edit button to begin editing a record.  I could not find any instructions on how to do this so I just removed the Edit button from the MaintenanceFormToolStrip and set the business object property named ManageUIReadOnlyState to False.  This seems to work well except when there are no visible records in the business object.  When there are no records available for editing I would expect all the bound controls to be disabled until the user clicks the New button on the toolstrip.  But what is happening is that all the controls are enabled and even before the user clicks the New button they can edit any of the controls.  Of course even though they can edit the controls, since no record is currently displayed in those controls, whatever editing they do does not really change any data, but the user assumes incorrectly that they are entering a new record even though they have not clicked the New button.  Then they are confused why the Save button on the toolstrip is disabled.

I know that MicroFour uses automatic edit mode in their medical application so there must be some setting that I am missing.  How can I resolve this issue?

Sam Tenney
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Sam.

Have a look at the StrataFlix sample application. You can download it from the My Account area.

Merry Christmas! Smile
Danny Doobay
Danny Doobay
StrataFrame Novice (64 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (64 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (64 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (64 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (64 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (64 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (64 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (64 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (64 reputation)
We would like to do the same. Don't have the StrataFlix sample application from the My Account area. How can we download it?

Or give us the detail instruction to achieve automatic edit mode in maintenance form.

Thank you.

DD
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Danny.

I have checked it, and it is there, in the download area.
You can access it through this link:

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)
Hi Ivan,
The problem is that if the SF subscription is not active, then you cannot download anything.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...