Amending a BO a second time and saving

Author
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I have a SF maintenance form , and on it, I have a CHildFormDialog called. If I amend the ChildForm twice (i.e. i dont Permanently Save it  the first time, nothing is saved the second time either. I was able to replicate something similar on the ChildDialogueFormSample that comes standard with SF. Following sequence replicates whats happening. (using the ChildDialogueFormSample)

1. Run up the App and  Highlight Akers , Kim  (About half way down the List) and click View CustomerNotes

2. Highlight the second line (Order # 18 Shipped) and click Edit

3. Add 'AAA' after the word Shipped in the Subject Field, and Click Save. It will return to the Parent screen and shows: Order #18 Shipped AAA

4. Hightlight the secondline again (Order # 18 Shipped AAA) , click Edit and add 'BBB' to the end

5. This time..... Hit the Cancel button. It returns to the Parent Screen and the second line says: Order # 18 Shipped AAA

6. Now Click the Save button on the Parent screen to 'Save' the data to the database

If you now bring back the details, Order # 18 Shipped has not been amended with the AAA

Having looked at the Code, there is a CustomerNotes.Undo as part of the Cancel button, whcih I assume Undos the full Editing and reverts back to before 'ANY'  editing AT all has been done . (The List does not seem to be refreshed ,whereas in my live example it is,  as I am using a grid)

I find this a bit confusing and misleading and also you might not want to revert back to the Database status, if you have done a few edits.

Is my interpreation above correct as to whats happening,  and is there a way to Undo just the most recent changes ??

i.e. Ideally , if in the ChildForm and I have saved, but not saved back to the database (from the Parent Form).  If I have another go , using the childform and hit cancel, I would like to revert back to the most recent save on the ChildForm
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Ger Cannoll - 13 Years Ago
Ivan George Borges - 13 Years Ago
Ivan George Borges - 13 Years Ago
                         Ok Ivan, I thought it might be something like that. Jut to get back...
                             [quote][b]Gerard O Carroll (1/7/2011)[/b][hr]...Say I amend a BO, fine...
Edhy Rijo - 13 Years Ago
                                 Hi Edhy, Thanks for replying. I knew there was something there but...