FormEditingStateChanged Event

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Sam,

I use both, the form and the BO EditingStateChanged events based on the needs. 

Here is an example, if I have a form with several BOs and I choose to display data in a ListView (which is mostly my case), then I would use the BO event to handle button's enabled property for that particular BO.  If only have one BO in the form, then you could use either event.

Edhy Rijo

Sam Tenney
Sam Tenney
StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I am looking for some best practice advice on the use of the FormEditingStateChanged event.  I have discovered that in addition to the EditingStateChanged event for business objects there is also an EditingStateChanged event for forms.  The form's version of the event is only raised after all the business objects have raised their version of the event.

I think I understand the difference in the functionality, but I am just curious if most developers use the business object's EditingStateChanged event or if there is a common and frequent need to use the form's EditingStateChanged event.  When postings in this forum refer to using the EditingStateChanged event it looks to me like they are probably referring to the business object's event not the form's event, but I am not sure.

Any advice?

Sam Tenney
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...