Altering Index Failed

Author
Melvin Xuereb
StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I have created a new profile in the DDT and imported a database structure into the profile.

All the tables, SPs and Views were all imported successfully. Just to test the deployment package, I clicked 'deploy to server', created a package and followed the steps to deployment on the same database from which the structure was imported (there weren't any changes yet).

While deploying the package, and indexes were being dropped and re-created, one of them failed as can be seen in the attachment.

The Index has a unique constraint, and all data in that column is Unique.

Could you please suggest?

On another note, I tried to deploy the same package on a database which does not exists through the DDT - which database was created successfully with no errors.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Melvin
Attachments
Deployment.png (123 views, 28.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Well, first, I would make sure that this isn't in your object history.  Have you created and deleted this index in the past?  Do you have any pre or post deployment scripts?  What changes were made prior to this error starting to show up? Thanks.
Melvin Xuereb
Melvin Xuereb
StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (49 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Trent,

After executing the package multiple times I was able to have no errors without doing anything!
There was nothing the the object history, index was not created and deleted in the past and no pre/post deployment scripts were set.
In few words, no changes were done to the DB when the error starting showing up. However, now it's working fine everytime i execute a package

Thanks,
Melvin
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...