BrowseDialog setting intial value

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
You are welcome Ian.

Edhy Rijo

Ian Johnston
Ian Johnston
StrataFrame User (151 reputation)StrataFrame User (151 reputation)StrataFrame User (151 reputation)StrataFrame User (151 reputation)StrataFrame User (151 reputation)StrataFrame User (151 reputation)StrataFrame User (151 reputation)StrataFrame User (151 reputation)StrataFrame User (151 reputation)
Thanks that fixed it

Ian
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)
Hi Ian,

The error means that there is a duplicate field in the Search field collection and this is most likely to be when using a Date field for searching since we most use Greater than and Less than conditions.

this.browseDialog1.SearchFields[3].InitialValue = dateTimePickerBegin.Value.ToShortDateString();
this.browseDialog1.SearchFields[4].InitialValue = dateTimePickerEnd.Value.ToShortDateString();

To fix this, modify the BD and in the Search Field Criteria for the Ending Date field, enter a Unique Key to make it unique.  By default SF will automatically enter the field name, but you can and must change it to a unique one in this case.

Also, in general I prefer to use the Browse Dialog events to handle this situation problematically, so instead of having all the code in the button1, I would enter your code in the InitializedSerachFields events and instead of using index for the field name I would use the business object FieldNames enumeration so if in the future a field name changes at least my application will generate a compilation exception so I can fix it and also it looks better in code to see which fields are actually being initialized.  Here is a VB sample of this event:

Private Sub ServiceCallsBD_InitializeSearchFields(ByVal sender As System.ObjectByVal e As System.EventArgsHandles ServiceCallsBD.InitializeSearchFields
        With Me.ServiceCallsBD
            .SearchFields(bizServiceCalls.bizServiceCallsFieldNames.CallDateTime.ToString).InitialValue = Now.ToString
            .SearchFields(bizServiceCalls.bizServiceCallsFieldNames.Notes.ToString).InitialValue = "My nice note"""
        End With
End Sub

Edhy Rijo

Edited 13 Years Ago by Edhy Rijo
Ian Johnston
Ian Johnston
StrataFrame User (151 reputation)StrataFrame User (151 reputation)StrataFrame User (151 reputation)StrataFrame User (151 reputation)StrataFrame User (151 reputation)StrataFrame User (151 reputation)StrataFrame User (151 reputation)StrataFrame User (151 reputation)StrataFrame User (151 reputation)
I am calling a browse dialog from a button on a standard form, I am filling the search criteria and calling the browse dialog. The dialog comes up with the expected results selected and when I click any where on the browse dialog for the first time I get the following message:

ArgumentException
  An item with the same key has already been added.

Source     : mscorlib

Stack Trace:
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.BrowseDialogwindow.HandleSearchValueChanged(Control sourceControl, SearchFieldItem sourceFieldItem)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.BrowseDialogwindow.HandleValidated(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnValidated(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PerformControlValidation(Boolean bulkValidation)

If I close the message everything works as expected and the result is returned as expected and no more messages. In the click event of the calling form I have the following code:

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

this.browseDialog1.AdvancedOptions = false;

this.browseDialog1.AllowHideResults = false;

this.browseDialog1.AllowSearchFieldsButton = false;

this.browseDialog1.SearchFields[0].InitialValue = comboBoxCarrier.Text.Trim();

this.browseDialog1.SearchFields[1].InitialValue = comboBoxCust.Text.Trim();

this.browseDialog1.SearchFields[2].InitialValue = comboBox1.Text.Trim();

this.browseDialog1.SearchFields[3].InitialValue = dateTimePickerBegin.Value.ToShortDateString();

this.browseDialog1.SearchFields[4].InitialValue = dateTimePickerEnd.Value.ToShortDateString();

this.browseDialog1.SearchFields[5].InitialValue = "";

this.browseDialog1.SearchFields[6].InitialValue = "";

if (this.browseDialog1.ShowDialog(true).Equals(DialogResult.OK))

{

listView1.Requery();

}

}

Any thoughts?

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Ian.

There are two major ways of accomplishing this. One is through the SearchFields Values:

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost4275.aspx

Another one would be to work with the Searching event:

Help File -> Application Framework -> UI Layer -> Controls -> Browse Dialog -> Events (Searching Event)
Ian Johnston
Ian Johnston
Is there a way to set the intial value of a search field at runtime i.e filter a date field based on today's date using greater than or equal to?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...