SF 1.7.3 Installation and Activation Error

Author
Leonard P.
StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (79 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Hello,

This is kind of urgent as StrataFrame is not working on my machine, therefore can't support production application.

I had older (or beta) version of SF installed on my machine, I believe it was 1.7.0.1, not 100% sure though. It was working fine. But then I had to install production application developed by another developer, this application was developed with the most recent SF version 1.7.3. After I installed this application, I started getting an error from SF in VS.NET. The error simply said "SF encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for inconvenience", and there was "Close" and "Debug" button. (similar to attached screenshot).  So I figured it was the time to upgrade to the latest SF release 1.7.3.
But I get this error every time I try to install SF, and I tried numerous time. And I tried everything: uninstalling SF, removing all MicroFour dlls from GAC manually, deleting any left-over files manually, etc. The error occurs on the very last screen which says "StrateFrame is now being configured. View the popup windows that appear for more info...". After installation SF in VS.NET does not work, and I get the same error when trying to open "Activate" window, see attached screenshot.

Please Help.

Thank you
Attachments
install_error.png (66 views, 12.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Leonard P. - 13 Years Ago
Ivan George Borges - 13 Years Ago
Trent L. Taylor - 13 Years Ago
                     Hi Trent, I did all that. I did check GAC, and unistalled all...
                         Well, let's start over and do this. I know that is has to be assembly...
                             I pretty much followed these step already minus rebuilding from source...
                                 Yes. Try to rebuild the source and then lets take a look.
                                     I am able to rebuild from source code. But how do I get SF to...
                                         I saw your screenshot of the activate.exe not firing, but where in the...
                                             It fails on the very last screen "StrataFrame is now being...
                                                 I wonder if you have something in your temp folder and/or your...