Automatic edit mode with two BOs

Author
Sam Tenney
StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (102 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I am using automatic edit mode on a maintenance form with a maintenance form toolstrip.  On the toolstrip I set the property named "AutoManageIsDirtyChangedEvent" to True and removed the Edit button.  I dropped two business objects on the form and set the property named "ManageUIReadOnlyState" to False on both business objects.  I set all the form's "IncludeInForm...Type" properties to AllBusinessObjects except the "IncludeInFormNavigateType" which I left set to PrimaryBusinessObject because when the primary business object navigates I want to retrieve a single related record from the other businees object which I am handling in the primary business object's navigated event.

I want both business object's EditingState to stay in sync with each other.  Since automatic edit mode does not use an Edit button to determine when a business object should enter the editing state, I am having trouble keeping the EditingState the same for both business objects.  If the user makes any change to any databound control for either business object, I want the EditingState for both business objects to immediately go into the editing state.  When the user clicks the Save button it is possible that only one business object needs to be saved, but after that business object is successfully saved, I want both business objects to go into the idle state.

Where should I put the code to force the unmodified business object into the editing state and then later into the idle state after the modified business object is successfully saved?  I would also appreciate a suggestion for the actual code to do this.

Sam Tenney
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...