SampleVFPInteraction Sample - Prompting for DLL?

Author
William Fields
StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I'm trying to run the SampleVFPInteraction sample and it's prompting for a DLL. I've rebuilt the VFP exe (I've got the VFP9 runtime on my workstation), but no change.

???

Also, the sample source references a "PracticeStudio", what's that?

Thanks.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Did you get the sample from the installation itself or did you download from someplace else?  As for PracticeStudio, this is our major medical application (we are more than just framework developers), but there are no reference to our application itself.  That is why I am curious about where you saw that and what the reference was.

It has been a while since I have run that sample, but the DLL you are most likely missing is the VFPOLEDB.  This is a primary assembly that is used in that sample.
William Fields
William Fields
StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)StrataFrame User (134 reputation)
The sample came from the base StrataFrame install. You're right, the PracticeStudio is just in the comments:

''' Makes sure that the VFP PracticeStudio executable is loaded and running within
    ''' this MDI environment
I have VFPOLEDB.dll on my system, it's located at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\Ole DB\

Thanks.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
What is the stack trace?
William Fields
William Fields
Not sure how to answer, I just get a "locate DLL" dialog, then if I click on cancel I get this:

Program Error
Cancel
Suspend
Ignore
Help
OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered.

And the sample runs, but the VFP Form toolbar button does nothing.

Oh, here's a clue...

The locate DLL dialog title is "Locate dartsock.dll"

So I'm assuming this sample requires the 3rd party dartsock.dll?

Thanks.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Just for the sample, but you can create your own UDP listener in .NET if you go forward with this logic.  This was just a quick, easy, and dirty way to show the overall concept.  We wrote our own UDP listener using the standard .NET classes which worked much better and more effectively in real-life.  But just for presenting the concept, this DartSock DLL was simple to implement....but don't use it in a production environment as it cannot keep up and .NET is far more efficient.  I think that this is the link:

http://www.dart.com/ptsknet.aspx
William Fields
William Fields
> We wrote our own UDP listener using the standard .NET classes

Care to share?

BigGrin
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...