Business Object listens for its own events?

Author
Sam Tenney
StrataFrame Novice (100 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (100 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (100 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (100 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (100 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (100 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (100 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (100 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (100 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I am studying best practices for C# event coding and handling.  I was surprised to find that when the business object mapper creates a business object it creates two stub methods to handle the business object's CheckRulesOnCurrentRow event and the SetDefaultValues event.  Based on what I have read, I expected the business object mapper to create override methods for OnCheckRulesOnCurrentRow and OnSetDefaultValues to control the events.  Setting up a business object to listen for and handle its own events seems unusual and so I am guessing that there may be some good reason that I am not aware of.  Is there some advantage to the way it has been done or is there a disadvantage to using the other approach?  I am just trying to learn from the experts.

Sam Tenney
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...