slow performance when using (WebBusinessBindingSource) with aspxgrid from devexpress 10.2

slow performance when using (WebBusinessBindingSource) with aspxgrid...
Author
Jocelyn Dagrain
StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Bonjour

I had only positive experiences with strataframe on window application.

I decide to push the product at my company but they only want web application.

To prove my point that strataframe will be the best framework for us, I created a small web application that load 800 rows of data from a BO.

But to my surprise we had slow performance when using (WebBusinessBindingSource) with aspxgrid from devexpress 10.2

I have a store procedure that return 800 rows, from the BO CusMaximoBO I am able to display the data, but when I navigate with the paging it seem that the 800 rows are reload each time I clique on a page number.

I know that doesn’t make sense since the call to the store procedure via CusMaximoBO only append once on the load event because off the Ispostback.

<SFWeb:WebBusinessBindingSource ID="WebBusinessBindingSource1" BusinessObjectName="CusMaximoBO" runat="server">

</SFWeb:WebBusinessBindingSource>

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if (!this.IsPostBack)

{ this.CusMaximoBO.GetMaximo(false); }

}

}

Also when we connect the aspxgrid directly to the sqldatasource when we navigate from page to page  is very fast the we don’t even see the progress bar.

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" 
        ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:AIMITConnection %>" 
        SelectCommand="GetMaximoPO" SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure"> 
        <SelectParameters > 

Can you help me ? Thank you in advance.

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Jocelyn,

I found this message in the forums that may be related to the issue you are having http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost29882.aspx

There are more posting in the forums related to aspgridview that may be also related.

Good luck!

Edhy Rijo

Jocelyn Dagrain
Jocelyn Dagrain
StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)
Bonjour

Thank you for the fast respond
Before trying the temporary solution proposes by this message http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost29882.aspx
(What I tried to do is expose the instance of BusinessBindingSource used by WBBSEnumerator, then on page_unload, dispose it.)

If it possible can I have the opinion of Strataframe team just to make sure they support that work around

Merci.

ChanKK
ChanKK
StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)
Jocelyn Dagrain (5/3/2011)
Bonjour

Thank you for the fast respond
Before trying the temporary solution proposes by this message http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost29882.aspx
(What I tried to do is expose the instance of BusinessBindingSource used by WBBSEnumerator, then on page_unload, dispose it.)

If it possible can I have the opinion of Strataframe team just to make sure they support that work around

Merci.

I wish what you wish too!
Tongue
Jocelyn Dagrain
Jocelyn Dagrain
Bonjour

Any news about the new version of strataframe do you know if the WebBusinessBindingSource and web application aproach will be improve.

I would like to put these informations in my (business case) to submit to upper management.

Thank you
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...