Clearing a BO on Webform

Author
Andrew Harper
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

I have a web application where all the web forms use a common application base page where the BOs are defined. One BO is only required by 1 page in the application and when this page is selected by the user the BO will be populated with approx 2000 records in the page load.  

Where should I clear this BO so that the 2000 records will not be saved/restored to/from session variables for all subsequent pages that inherit from the same application base page?

Best regards,

Andy
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm not a web guru, but I'd try the page Unload event first.
Andrew Harper
Andrew Harper
StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)StrataFrame User (164 reputation)
Hi Greg,

Thanks - this will work in some situations but what if I need to reference the contents of the BO in a callback or postback to the page that loaded the BO?

best regards,

Andy
Edited 13 Years Ago by Andrew Harper
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I did mention I wasn't a web guru right?  Wink

Any reason your not just creating a base page for just this one form?

Hopefully someone who's done some more extensive web dev with SF will step in soon....  Smile
Andrew Harper
Andrew Harper
Thanks Greg,

I have a number of subroutines in the application base page, that are common to all pages, to control session timeouts and menu option availability so hence my preference to have a single base page. I guess I can add another level of subclass and create a second application base page, but, if I am understanding the framework correctly, even if I do this the 2000 odd records will be saved in a session variable that will not ever be cleared unless I clear the BO explicitly somewhere.

What I am trying to determine is where the best place is to clear it,

Best regards,

Andy
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...