SF auditing

Author
Ross L. Rooker, Sr.
StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have to report back to our development team on Thursday on the auditing within SF. I have seen many threads but need to know if the auditing (as far as saving data to the audit tables) is working within the SF Framework. If so what we need to do to make it work. We can build our own viewer if one is not available yet.

The SFSAuditDataChanges, SFSAuditDataFields, and SFSAuditEvents are deployed to the same database as my other RBS tables.

I am assuming I need to turn on Auditing by user (although I really want this turned on for ALL users). In the security I can't find where I set this property. Where is it? Can it be set programatically?

Next I am assuming I need to set properties on each BO such as "AuditDataChanges". What properties need to be set on the BO?

Do any properties need to be set at the column level?

If these properties are all set, will the SF Framework automatically track new rows added, column changed and rows deleted in the 3 audit tables above? Or is there something that is needed to be done in addition to the above?

Is it possible to set a property the track changes and deletings but not additions?

Above my questions relate to tracking columns in tables and not events. IE.... tblCustomer.CustName

Finally, if I wanted to send a record to the 3 tables above such as "Attendee attemtped to register twice", what would be the method to have this reflected in the audit tables?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Ross L. Rooker, Sr. - 13 Years Ago
Ivan George Borges - 13 Years Ago
Ivan George Borges - 13 Years Ago