Date Field being Imported as Integer

Author
Terry Bottorff
Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am using a date field in one of my tables. It is being imported as an integer into DBDT and when I try to deploy I get an error about the conflict between integer and date.
I saw some discussion of this in 2009 but nothing lately. 
I already have the Database in my sql server and I am trying to overwrite it. Am I missing something? This is my first shot at using the SampleDataInstallerClass and my data.
TIA.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Terry,

Don't know why the date field may be imported as integer, I have not seen that yet, but the important thing to understand is that the DDT import feature is mean to be an aid to get the data structure into the DDT, so you must review and fix what was imported in order to deploy it.

99% of my imports are from other MS-SQL databases and they all imported just fine.

Edhy Rijo

Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (656 reputation)
I have 2 tables in this database that have a date field. They both import as an integer. I will try and edit those fields in DDT and then see what happens.
I  have always built my database and tables in sql server and not in DDT. I know many people start in DDT and then deploy to the sql server but I was on such shaky ground when I moved to .Net I was afraid to start there because I looked at that as another step to learn and so I moved away from the DDT until now.
Can you tell me where to look for the latest version of the DataInstallerClass?
Thank you for the help and ideas that you share.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
If the fields are Date only and not DateTime, then there could be an issue since I have not used Date fields yet and at some point where not still supported by the DDT.

About updates, see my message in your other thread.  I am using SF version 1.7.3.0 but I do not use Date field, only DateTime.

In my VFP era, I used xCase to build my data models, and sometimes I still use it, but since I depend on DDT, I got over the step and just started using it, and so far so good.  Also when using the DDT, you can setup the BOM to read the table structure data from DDT instead of a real connection to the tables which is sometimes good when you need to have a BO update, but the real table is not updated yet.

So my advice is to jump in and start working on the DDT then update your database from it, but initially do it with non production databases until you feel comfortable with it.  I am sure there are may updates planned for the DDT and some may have already been implemented but not released, so you cannot really count on the SF Team to release any update so you either have to work with what you have right now which is pretty stable without knowing when an update will show up.Doze

Edhy Rijo

Terry Bottorff
Terry Bottorff
Got it.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...