Business Object navigating in middle of adding new row

Author
Ruchika Garg
StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I have a simple windows form with one primary BO and two child bo's. I have MaintenanceFormToolStrip on the form. 

When i want to add new i click new on the MaintenanceFormToolStrip  , which puts the controls bound to the parent bo in editable state. When i am entering values in the third control the bo suddenly navigates to next record and the state of the row changes from added to unchanged and then to modified. And the controls are filled with the next record values.When the BO navigates to the next record it does not invoke any events(navigating or navigated).

i know this is very confusing and weird. 

Can someone please guide me how to fix it?
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)
Ruchika Garg (7/26/2011)
i know this is very confusing and weird.

Yeap, sounds very confusing. Hehe
The fastest way to deal with this is to create a small sample application using the StrataFrameSample database to simulate the functionality you are looking for, then post it in the forums so we can see and fix.

You said you have 1 parent and 2 child business objects, here are several questions:
  1. Are you using any control in the form binded to the child BOs?
  2. Are you setting the relationship between child and parent BO somewhere?
  3. Are you handling any BO or Form events related to the BO navigation or alike?
As you can see this could be very tricky to figure out without looking at the code, but once you understand the Business Object logic and concept it is very easy to manage multiple relationships.  There are several post in the forums related to that topic.

Edhy Rijo

Ruchika Garg
Ruchika Garg
StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (23 reputation)
Thanks for the reply.

The form has a treeview and when some clicks a node on the treeview the right side of the form gets filled with data from the parent and child bo's.

1. Are you using any control in the form binded to the child BOs? - No none of the controls are bound to the child bo's. 
  2. Are you setting the relationship between child and parent BO somewhere? Yes i the parent child relation ship between the bos' is set at the bo level and at the form level.
  3. Are you handling any BO or Form events related to the BO navigation or alike? yes i am and in that event i fill the child bo. 
I am working on trying to create a small application and reproduce this issue there.

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)
Ruchika,

If you have a Treeview control, then I am sure in one of the events you are either moving the record pointer and this could be tricky.  Definately a quick sample would be the way to go if you can duplicate the problem in the sample and you are using the .Net TreeView control.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...