Urgent! Product Not Activated Message is received even though the product is activated

Author
hector
StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I am developing a software for 2 years and I was planning to install the first version on Monday but I received a very strange error and I am unable to solve it.

Everything was working fine since today and today I am receiving "Product Not Activated" message whenever I click on a Type Editor window (For example clicking PopulationDataSourceSettings at design time or clicking on "Create Strataframe Toolbox Tab" on the Strataframe menu.

When I click on "Activate Now" the product is displayed as activated, I checked my account and the license is shown in use. I even tried to deactivate and activate the license but it didnt work.

Could you please help? I need to start with a release on Monday
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Hector,
I have been receiving the same Activation error and for now my solution is to close VS wait 30 seconds and open VS again.  I have already notified Trent privately about this situation.

Try my suggestion and let us know if that worked for you too?

Edhy Rijo

hector
hector
StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)
Hi,

I tried your suggestion but still no luck.

Problem is not solved.

Any other suggestion

I hope hear u soon

Kind regards
Edited 13 Years Ago by hector
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hector,
Try deactivating the product in the MyAccount site, then re-activate from Visual Studio.  Usually, when I get those Activation Error messages, I don't try to activate again, I simply close VS and open it again and it just work, a bit of pain having to do this more often lately, but at least it still works.

Edhy Rijo

Edhy Rijo
E
Hi Hector,
Today, this Activation error has been showing more than usual and I am also in the situation where I will release an update today ready for my customer tomorrow and it has been painful.

After getting the error I try several things to avoid having to close VS and open it again since that is really distracting me from having the work done faster, so here is what have worked for me so far:
  • Once getting the Activation Error message I do the following:
  • Open the License Information form from the StrataFrame menu.
  • Click the "Cancel" button in this form.
  • Click "Yes" in the message box "Are you sure you want to exit the MicroFour Activation Client?"
  • Access any type editor and the Activation Error is not showing up.

Edhy Rijo

hector
hector
Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I tried all your suggestion in order but again no luck.

As i said i should release my application due to a deadline.

Thanks in advance.

Kİnd regards
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...