Best Place to Get icons

Author
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I am currenlty searching for Icons for my App. Specifically, I am looking at  Ribbon Control s, which require Icons Small and Large.

I'd be interested in resources out there for icons , both Paid and Free.  Mainly I'd be interested in Financial and Business type icons.

I've seen a few references here to Icon Libraries, but no recent references
Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
I've been using icons from http://www.iconexperience.com/v_collection/ . The set contains many of the same icons used within the framework so you get a consistent look and feel. They also include a tool that allows you to combine icons with other icons (such as add, edit, delete, etc.) making it easy to customize the collection. Infragistics also offers a large number of icons that look attractive and you can purchase then by category rather than having to buy the entire collection.

-Larry
Ger Cannoll
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Larry, thanks for replying.

Iconexperience was one ot the Options I had shortlisted. Jut one question. I am aware of the Tool they provide to combine icons. Do you know if I can combine one of their Icons, with an icon that does not belong to them. For instance, say I want to use one of their 'Customer' icons, and I want to add a 'S' onto this icon(for Special customer) ir say an 'F' (for Foreign customer), would I be able to do this. ?

In this case, the 'Customer' icon would be one providedby IconExperience, but the 'P' and 'F' icon might be one I have created myself or from a third party.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Gerard.

I too use IconExperience, but for editing, combining, importing, extracting, etc., I use Axialis IconWorkshop.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...