Can't Open Security Projects

Author
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
I haven't used the security editor within Visual Studio for awhile so I'm not sure when this problem started. If I create a new security project in the security editor and then try to open it, I just get a blank screen (see attached). Not sure what's going on. I can't open any previously created projects either. I've tried reinstalling SF but that didn't help. I'm running SF v1.7.3.4 on VS 2010 and Windows 7 64-bit.

-Larry
Attachments
SFSecurity.png (81 views, 35.00 KB)
Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
OK I got it working again and I'm feeling really stupidBlush It appears that under Windows 7 it’s possible for the security dialog to get minimized and located outside the normal viewing area and it’s not readily apparent that’s what happened. I didn’t even notice when I scrolled the window. I stumbled on to what was happening by running the security editor in Windows XP compatibility mode under Windows 7. Once I did that is was apparent that the dialog was outside of the normal display area.  I maximized the window and switched everything back to Windows 7 mode and all is fine.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Larry,
Thanks for sharing this experience, it is very weird.  I could be that at some point since you last used the Security Forms that your video driver or monitor changed.

Edhy Rijo

Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Edhy,

That's a possibility. My development machine is a Lenovo T510 laptop. Some times I'm using the laptop display and other times I'm using it in a docking stations with a Dell 24" monitor.

-Larry
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...