Changes in the Inherited project in 1.7.3.5?

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Trent,

I am using DevExpress controls and have made some changes and add new controls to the Inherited project, I know this was risky but I had to no choice since the new controls are not in this project by default. 

I cannot access the changes log unless I install the new update 1.7.3.5, I want to know if there are there any changes in this project from version 1.7.3.0 to 1.7.3.5? before I go ahead and install the update ignoring this project completely using mine version of it?

Also in the above scenario, any recommendation on how we should handle this in the future is greatly appreciated, I don't want to end up having multiple DLL for those custom controls and the time I need them it made sense to just create them in the Inherited project.

Thanks!

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
No, we haven't made any changes there.  One thing to consider in the future is to create another assembly with all of you changes so that the original assembly can still be updated while allowing you to modify all you want in your new assembly.  In fact, you could even inherit each of the controls from the assembly we distribute and not make a change to the controls that don't need a change.  Then you have one assembly with all of your controls.  Just food for thought.  But the good news is that you should be fine in this case anyway.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Trent L. Taylor (11/17/2011)
But the good news is that you should be fine in this case anyway.

Thanks Trent, that makes my life easier.  I will create my own library.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...